The Indian Embassy in Washington DC is the only one in United States and has jurisdiction to process all Indian Visa Applications, therefore it is most important that you present a qualified embassy application.
What Do You Need for an Indian Visa?
To apply for an Indian visa, you will need the following: INDIAN VISA PHOTO REQUIREMENTS
- A valid passport with at least six months of remaining validity and at least two blank pages.
- A recent passport-size photograph taken against a white background.
- A completed visa application form. This can be obtained from the Indian embassy or consulate where you will be applying for your visa.
- Supporting documents for your visa application, such as a letter of invitation from an Indian company or organization if you are traveling for business purposes, or evidence of sufficient financial means to support your stay in India if you are traveling for tourism purposes.
Required Documents to Apply for an Indian Visa
To apply for an Indian visa, you will need to submit the following documents:
- A completed visa application form. You can download the form here.
- A passport-sized photo. The photo must be taken within the last six months and should be a full-face shot against a white background.
- Your passport. The passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of your planned arrival in India and have at least two blank pages for visa stamps. INDIAN VISA DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS
- A copy of your flight itinerary or hotel booking confirmation.
- Proof of financial means, such as a bank statement or sponsor letter.
- For business visas, you will also need to submit a letter of invitation from your Indian host company or organization
Required Photos for an Indian Visa
When applying for an Indian visa, you will need to submit two recent photographs of yourself. These photographs must meet the following requirements:
-They must be 2×2 inches in size.
-They must be taken within the last six months.
-They must be passport-style photographs, with a white or off-white background.
-You must be facing the camera directly, with a neutral expression and your mouth closed.
-Your hair should not be covering your face.
-You should not be wearing sunglasses, a hat, or any other headgear that would obscure your face.
If you cannot meet these requirements, you may be able to have your photographs taken at a visa application center or embassy.
Online Services Offered by the Embassy of India in Canada
The Embassy of India in Canada offers a range of online services for Indian visa applicants. These services include the ability to apply for a visa online, check the status of your application, and make appointments for visa interviews.
In order to apply for a visa online, you will need to create an account with the website and provide some basic personal information. Once you have created an account, you will be able to login and begin the application process. The online application form will ask you for your contact information, travel plans, and other details about your trip. You will also be required to upload a photo and any supporting documents that may be required.
Once you have submitted your application, you can check the status of your application online. The website will provide you with updates on the progress of your application and let you know if additional documents or information are needed. You can also use the online appointment system to schedule an interview at the embassy.
In order to apply for an Indian visa, you will need to submit a recent passport-style photograph along with your application. There are specific requirements for the photo, so be sure to check the website of theIndian Embassy or Consulate where you will be applying. In addition to the photograph, you will also need to submit various documents as part of your application. These include things like your passport, proof of travel plans, and more. Be sure to check the requirements of the specific embassy or consulate where you will be applying so that you have everything you need.